***EVENT OFFERED LIVE IN PERSON or INTEGRATED VIRTUAL OPTION –
Location @ Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center
- Event Details
- Course Details
- Learning Goals
- Additional Info
December 2-3, 2022 - (Friday - Saturday)
Location for live event (safe practice):
Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center
500 Powder Springs St
Marietta, GA 30064
- 20 miles northwest of downtown Atlanta and less than a mile from the historic Marietta Square
- 22 miles to Hartsfield Jackson International Airport
- Self Parking @ $5.00 / day
Registration @ 8:00am,
Day 1: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Day 2: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Please note for all options:
A digital course manual is provided and will be emailed as well as access to the course the week of this event.
Start date: December 02, 2022
End date: December 03, 2022
Start time: 08:00 a.m.
End time: 04:00 p.m.
Venue: Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel and Conference Center
Address: 500 Powder Springs Street, Marietta, GA 30064
Darius McAphee PT OCS CSCS PES, Ken Johnson PT, Lewis Lupowitz PT DPT CSCS FRCmS, Michael Bagwell PT DPT OCS CMPT, Zach Thomas PT DPT OCS CSCS C-PS, E. Lyle Cain MD, Jeffrey Dugas MD, Kevin Wilk PT DPT FAPTA, Robert E. Mangine, PT, ATC
Run Time: 2 Days (13 hours)
Attendees: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Athletic Trainers, Occupational Therapists, M.D.’s and Students
This course will provide the most recent and innovative techniques in the area of sports medicine and orthopedics. The course will utilize evidence-based medicine to explain, demonstrate and discuss new non-operative rehabilitation techniques, post-operative rehabilitation and new surgery techniques for the shoulder, knee and hip regions. New rehabilitation concepts will be implemented to include neurocognitive training, blood flow restriction, dry needling, and more. Through didactic lectures, video presentations, and open discussions, course participants will have a unique and rewarding learning experience. This is an exciting new course with a diverse faculty and various treatment concepts.
Live In-Person and Virtual Participation options
- Lab clothing:
- Tank top or halter top to expose the shoulder
- & or shorts to expose the knee
- A mat (or blanket), a pillow, and a large towel for lab table.
- Also, bring a sense of humor and your brain for some new concepts & thoughts!
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion
Course Workbook (digital copy provided via email prior to start of the course)
Certificate of attendance is provided for Continuing Education, 13 hours
- Approved for 13 CE hours for PTs and PTAs in the following states;
AL, AR, DE, GA, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NY, NC, ND, OR, SC, SD, UT, VT, WA, WI, WY
- APTA Georgia approved for 13 CCH hours (expired 12/1/23)
- Northeast Seminars (BOC AP#P498) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 13 Category A hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
*Denotes Virtual Presentation
(Please note: Speaker times and speakers subject to change based on speaker availability.)
Friday: Upper Extremity Day
|8:00 – 8:45||Advances in Shoulder Rehabilitation – What’s new in 2023|
|8:45 – 9:30 (*)||Innovations in Shoulder Surgery
(In Space Balloon, Superior Capsular Reconstruction, Latarjet, Remplissage, etc.
|9:30 – 10:15||Rehabilitation Following Various New Surgeries|
|10:15 – 10:30||Break|
|10:30 – 11:00||Scapular Dyskinesis: What are the current thoughts and treatments|
|11:00 – 11:30||The Role of the Spine and Posture and its Contribution to Shoulder Pain|
|11:30 – 12:00||Specific Testing and Criteria to Return to Sports/Work: Objective Testing|
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 – 1:30||Best Exercises for Upper Quadrant – Evidenced Based Medicine|
|1:30 – 2:00||Blood Flow Restriction for the Upper Extremity: Theory and Guidelines|
|2:00 – 2:30||Blood Flow Restriction: Demonstration Lab and Open Discussion|
|2:30 – 3:00||Training the Core for Enhancement of Shoulder and Knee Function|
|3:00 – 3:45||Innovations in Rehabilitation: Evidence-Based Medicine|
|3:45 – 4:30||Case Presentations and Question and Answer session|
Saturday – Lower Extremity
|8:00 – 8:45 (*)||What’s New in ACL Surgery & Knee Surgery
(ACL Repair, BEAR Procedure, ACL with LET, Quad Tendon Graft, FAI, MACI Knee)
|8:45 – 9:30||New Rehabilitation Guidelines for Newer Lower Extremity Surgeries|
|9:30 – 10:15||New Approaches to Return to Play or Work Testing|
|10:15 – 10:30||Break|
|10:30 – 11:15 (*)||Importance of NeuroCognitive Rehabilitation in your Rehab Program|
|11:15 – 12:00 (*)||What’s Happening in the Brain Following Injury: Testing and Rehab|
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 – 1:45||NeuroCognitive Rehab Techniques for Lower Extremity and Upper Extremity Patients|
|1:45 – 2:15||Dry Needling: Theory & Application|
|2:15 – 2:45||Dry Needling: Demonstration Lab & Open Discussion|
|2:45 – 3:30||Break|
|3:30 – 4:00||Case Presentations and Question and Answer session|
Upon successful completion of this seminar, the practitioner will learn how to:
Understand the anatomy and biomechanics of the shoulder & knee joint
Develop an understanding of shoulder joint complex pain & dysfunction & develop a treatment program from an evidence-based approach
Demonstrate and organize a functional assessment for specific shoulder & knee disorders
Develop an understanding of neurocognitive deficiencies and evidence-based medicine approaches to treat these lesions
Interpret the information obtained from the clinical examination & functional assessment and develop a treatment plan
Design an effective and appropriate rehabilitation program based on evidence-based medicine for the following shoulder &/or knee pathologies:
– Rotator Cuff surgery
– Scapular Dyskinesis
– Postural Correction Exercises
– ACL reconstruction
– ACL MAD procedure, ALL procedures of the knee
– Patellofemoral pain & post-operative rehabilitation
– Knee stiffness & loss of motion
– Return to Play Criteria – evidence based
– Specific techniques to improve healing & promote muscle hypertrophy
Analyze specific exercise techniques, such as weight bearing & non weight bearing exercises and understand joint kinematics and muscular activity & then be able to develop the treatment plan for the appropriate exercises for the specific patient
Integrate the information presented in this course and demonstrate problem-solving skills through the development of treatment plans of specific case studies presented
- Course-related products will be emailed for access the week of the event.
- Certificates of Attendance will be given to all participants and may be used for those who need C.E.U. verification and credits.
- Participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability prior to the commencement of this seminar.
- Location, Instructor, Dates and Cost of seminar are subject to change.
Portions Copyright© Northeast Seminars Inc. All rights reserved.
You may also like…
Course Length: 32 hours
- Wilk Physical Therapy Institute
- Kevin Wilk presents up-to-date research and outcome-based studies to help your clinic incorporate the cutting…
Course Length: 7 - 15 Hours
- Advanced Topics in the Examination, Evaluation and Treatment of the Shoulder &/or the Knee is delivered 100% online
- Sign Up Now.....and receive 8 shoulder modules and 7 knee modules when you purchase the…
- $179.00 – $299.00