RockTape FMT Equine will address functional kinesiology taping methods to reduce or control pain, manage swelling or edema, increase joint range of motion and muscle function, and maintain a level of functionality and comfort for the horse throughout the rehabilitation process. Taping applications to maintain functionality and comfort in training and assist with recovery will be explored as a means to facilitating overall soundness in the equine athlete.
RockTape FMT Equine is based on the obvious yet largely overlooked conceptof muscles acting as a chain. Classically the anatomy has beentaught on the “isolated muscle theory”, focusing on individual muscleaction, with very little regard for movement as a whole. As a result,many rehabilitation, prevention and training programs are based on rudimentary concepts that focus on muscles in isolation.
Introduction and Guidelines
Taping for Lower Back Pain
Taping for Knee Pain
Taping for Shoulder Pain
Taping for Posture
Taping for Reinign Posture
FMT Equine: Introduction
Equine Taping: Sophia
Equine Taping: Carpi
Equine Taping: Booker
Total: 1 hour 45 minutes
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the physiological effects of kinesiology taping in both human and equine populations.
- Master functional taping applications and understand their role in pain mitigation, rehabilitation, edema management of movement dysfunctions in the equine population
- Introduce the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
By the end of the online seminar, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the physiological effects of kinesiology tape on both the human and equine subject
- Determine the indications and contraindications of kinesiology tape
- Identify the steps required to effectively and safely apply kinesiology tape to help mitigate pain, improve fluid dynamics, and posture.
2 hours live may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, DVM, VT – depending on location and class type.
RockTape FMT Equine taping techniques utilize “longitudinal anatomy”, or a “movement patterns” concept as a means of enhancing rehab and athletic performance via cutaneous (skin), and hair follicle stimulation. RockTape FMT EQUINE integrates this systemic approach to taping that promises to benefit everyone from the rider to the horse. This clinic is designed to assist Veterinarians, Vet Techs, Osteopathic Physicians, Equine Chiropractors, Equine Physical Therapists, Equine Massage Therapists/BodyWorkers and Equine trainers in learning how to functionally tape to improve rehabilitation, sports performance and function in the equine population. ** Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy.