The Blood Flow Restriction Therapy Certification program (BFRT) is the first certificate program that offers an evidence-based, equipment agnostic look at the application of blood flow restriction for use in therapy, training, and strength and conditioning.
SPECIAL BONUS: Includes full set of cuffs (2 arm and 2 leg cuffs)
Interactive Lab, April 10th, 2021 – LAB CLOSED
Option #1 includes;
BFRT I: Online Course
BFRT II: Interactive Lab Session
BFRT III: Online Exam for the University of Tennessee Blood Flow Restriction Certification (BFRT)
SPECIAL BONUS: includes full set of cuffs (2 arm and 2 leg cuffs)
Continuing Education credits; 13.5 hours
Take the lead on blood flow restriction when you learn from our experts. The online course focuses on evidence-based research and proven clinical protocols and features an interactive app with regular updates. Online library links to 500+ clinical studies and articles.
This course is for Physical Therapists, PTAs, Surgeons, MD’s, Chiropractors, Occupational Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Strength and Conditioning Coaches
Online course can be taken at any time, choose the dates for you to join the live interactive lab.
The program consists of three modules;
- BFRT I – 8-hours of online didactic material
- BFRT II – 5.5-hours of hands-on via Interactive Video – (Reserve you seat – limited to 30 per broadcast)
- BFRT III – Online Final Exam
UT-BFRT I: Online Didactic – 8.0 hours
Taught by recognized experts, the online portion of the course familiarizes the participants with the science behind BFRT. The agenda includes anatomy of the cardiopulmonary system, endocrine system, and musculoskeletal system. Participants will achieve a basic, working knowledge of the various factors that contribute to the successful application of BFRT. They will be able to explain these factors to others including professionals, patients, and clients.
They will understand contraindications and side effects of BFRT not only post-surgery, but also in non-surgical application, strength and conditioning, and fitness.
Online Topics Include;
- An Introduction to BFRT
- Discussion of Regulatory Issues
- The Cardiopulmonary system
- The Musculoskeletal system
- Types of BFRT Equipment
- Safety, Contraindications, Effects
- The Business of BFRT
- A Review of Research
- BFRT in Rehabilitation
- BFRT in Strength and Fitness
- An Introduction to Protocols
- BFRT and Related Modalities
UT-BFRT II: 5.5 hours – Hands-on lab via interactive video – (30 participants max per group)
The lab allows participants to use BFRT under guided instruction. Protocols based on years of BFRT application are shown. Participants not only apply BFRT, they also receive BFRT from fellow participants. This setting allows participants to not only apply BFRT, but also to receive BFRT Therapy in order to better understand the role of the clinician and participant in optimizing proper treatment. Instructions include the use of body weight, manual manipulation, CLX Therabands, and equipment normally found in clinics and gyms.
- Introduction and Review of BFRT I: Online Coursework
- Regulations, Professional Requirements
- Review and Discussion of Contraindications and Side Effects
- Demonstration of Proper Placement of BFRT, Observation, Interrogation, Pulse, Capillary Refill
- Demonstration of BFRT Fatigue State, Participants apply to each other in Contralateral to Experience Effect
- Demonstration and Application of BFR for Rehab Upper and Lower Extremities
- Demonstration and Application of BFR in Strength and Conditioning – Return to Play
- Demonstration and Application of BFR in Athletic Performance
- Demonstration and Application of BFR for “At-Risk” and Osteoarthritis Patients
- Interactive Q&A
UT-BFRT III: Online Final Exam
Participants must take a one-hour test and pass with at least 70% correct answers. Participants may retake the test until they achieve a passing score.
The program includes a proprietary app that is available in-the-cloud, in iTunes, and from The Play Store.
The app includes class materials, instructional videos, forms, live video streaming, interactive subject forum, and supplemental materials and topics.
It also includes the only indexed, searchable database of BFR Case studies and articles drawing from more than 1,400 references.
The indexed online research database of more than 1,400 Case Studies and Articles serves as the basis of the course. Care is taken to identify studies that have higher scores on the Sacketts Scale.
The course draws heavily on Case Studies with more than 2 hours devoted to covering a wide variety of topics.
Continuing Education State(s)
New York State Education board approved for 13.5 CE hours for PTs and PTAs and that covers the following states due to reciprocity; AL, AZ, AR, DE, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NY, NC, ND, OR, SC, SD, UT, VT, WA, WI, WY
You may also like…
Course Length: 2.5 Hour Limit
- BFRT III: Online Exam for the University of Tennessee Blood Flow Restriction Training Certification
- 14 day access to complete exam 2.5 hour time limit to complete 70% or better…
Course Length: 9 Hours 20 Min.
- BFRT II: Interactive Lab Session in Blood Flow Restriction Training
- This evidence-based, equipment agnostic course discusses the origins of blood flow restriction and identifies the…