This is a presentation of Brian Mulligan’s Mobilization with Movement (MWM) approach to musculoskeletal problems in the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow.
This is a presentation of Brian Mulligan’s Mobilization with Movement (MWM) approach to musculoskeletal problems in the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow. These manual therapy treatment techniques will be described and demonstrated by Brian Mulligan with Don Reordan and Julie Paolino of the Mulligan Concept Teachers Association. The course includes examples of MWM for differential diagnosis as well as treatment, home exercise techniques and taping. It covers possible treatment interventions for loss of finger, wrist or elbow motion, loss of supination/pronation and lateral elbow pain with gripping or wrist extension (tennis elbow). The guidelines and indications necessary to apply the techniques are presented in a verbal and visual format. The intended result is immediate enhancement of assessment and treatment skills applicable to the upper extremity joints utilizing Mobilization with Movement techniques.
Run Time: 2 hours
Attendee: Physical Therapists, PTA’s, Students, Athletic Trainers
Required Equipment: Personal Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone with access to Broadband Internet (<1.4 mbps)
Examination: 20-question test. Passing grade of 70% or higher required for certificate
Course Evaluation: Yes
Certificate of Completion: Yes
Continuing Education State Approvals;
New York State Education Board approved for CE hours for PTs and PTAs and that covers the following states due to reciprocity; AL, AZ, AR, DE, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NY, NC, ND, OR, SC, SD, UT, VT, WA, WI, WY
Unit 01: Introduction
Unit 02: MWM Principles
Unit 03: MWM for Fingers
Unit 04: MWM for Metacarpals
Unit 05: MWM for Wrist
Unit 06: MWM for Forearm
Unit 07: MWM for Elbow
Unit 08: MWM for Lateral Epicondylalgia “Tennis Elbow”
Unit 09: Home Therapies & Conclusion
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of this class, you should be able to:
- Summarize the concept of Mobilization with Movement (MWM) along with its technique guidelines
- Describe MWM techniques for the the hand, wrist, and elbow
- Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to explain 3 contra-indications for an MWM in a patient with extremity pain.
- Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to design a protocol utilizing an MWM with proper handling technique, for a patient with pain and loss of motion in a PIP joint.
- Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to develop a treatment plan using a MWM for a patient with scaphoid pain during wrist extension or flexion.
You may also like…
- Mulligan ‘SELF SNAG’ Cervical Strap
- Cervical strap is excellent for the self treatment of C1/C2 rotation restrictions
Course Length: Over 100 hours
- Annual Online Library Subscription
- More than 100 credit hours which includes the Mulligan Concept (MCTA) Library, the Basic Tier…
Course Length: 12 hours
- Mulligan Concept (MCTA) Online Bundle
- Thousands of professionals worldwide have discovered the benefits of mastering The Mulligan Concept that includes…